Innovation for a Healthier, Fairer, Sustainable world.
InfinityLab provides support, delivers seminars on the interaction between innovation, change and social impact and commercialises innovation that enhances society.
This creates opportunities for people seeking new careers, while society benefits from innovation introduced.
How it works
InfinityLab commences with companies wanting to build on support for their staff and society.
Companies may offer the InfinityLab “Innovation & Social Impact” seminar for staff.
Companies give staff, who may otherwise be leaving, the opportunity to work on an InfinityLab team.
InfinityLab forms Implementation teams to validate, for the Australian market, innovation that has been proven in other markets and is making a difference for society
InfinityLab receives innovation from its international partners
Innovation to be validated is selected in conjunction with sponsoring organisations and Implementation teams.
The validation part of the program provides intensive training and support for teams and builds the teams ability to market themselves and the innovation
The validation, and Implementation teams, are assessed at the end of twelve weeks. If this review is positive, the team introduces the innovation into the market.
InfinityLab provides ongoing support for a further nine months, acting as an internal FP&A group and advisory board, supported by expert external advisors
Team members receive an income for the duration of the program and have equity in the new venture created.
InfinityLab supports strategy teams in building the business case for providing corporate social responsibility and refining delivery of this.
– Enhances organisations ability to attract, retain and engage staff
– Finds the products & services of tomorrow
– Builds organisation social impact value.
– Supporting staff transition, into meaningful new careers
– Building staff morale, engagement and productivity
– Seminars for staff development and career enhancement:
– Social Impact – Shared value and the benefit for us all in ensuring everyone has a place in society and a healthy planet
– Technology Disruption – The good, and not so good, in a rapidly changing world. Safety, security, privacy, work & life
– Innovation implementation – What’s required to establish and run companies (it’s hard work and not all “unicorns”).
Recruitment and retention
– Millennial’s and Gen-Z will comprise over 50% of the workforce by 2020.
– The Deloitte Millennial Survey 2018 notes how important social impact is for this group
– 61% indicate they will not join, or remain with, company’s that are not contributing to society.
Finding the products of tomorrow
– Companies need to constantly consider what products or services they will be selling in the future.
– As technology changes, many products and services are becoming obsolete.
– If companies don’t clarify their future they’re at risk of being disrupted.
– InfinityLab helps companies build their triple bottom line – People, Planet and Profit
– The “Triple bottom line” is recognised as contributing more than intangible value
– Social responsibility ultimately saves real cash and builds real value
– Offering InfinityLab builds companies standing with staff and customers
– Quantifying and communicating social impact is a challenge. InfinityLab and it’s partners provide support to ensure value is realised.
– InfinityLab provides an environment that avoids the isolation and group-think in being a sole founder or small team.
– Teams receive financial support for 12 months (by which time new ventures are self sustaining, or in a position to attract funding)
– Teams receive equity in the ventures they are building
– The initial twelve week validation part of the program is delivered by design and strategy experts
– Additional support from sector and technology experts is provided as required
– Teams have access to highly regarded, and well connected, review committees
– InfinityLab takes the guess work out of what is required – a business model canvas with robust financial forecasts, including assumptions, and awareness of the impact of changes in these
– InfinityLab teams have the innovation, the plan and tools in place to get the job done.
The InfinityLab program comprises three parts, an initial two day briefing, an intense twelve week validation program and a further nine months support and implementation program. For program details please Contact InfinityLab
InfinityLab provides a unique business, funding and impact model. Scaling this model across Australia is vital for society.
Various groups around the world have implemented aspects of the InfinityLab program:
– Ireland Smart Ageing Exchange (ISAX) has launched Ingenuity, an accelerator program targeted at business owners over 50. The accelerator program is tailored for people with ambition, to scale up existing businesses.
– Future Investment program in Israel, run in collaboration with Facebook Israel, helps aspiring entrepreneurs over 45 address venture development, and social media marketing
– University of Queensland announced in November 2018 that the Germinator program is doubling from 3 to 6 months.
InfinityLab seeks innovation that addresses the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) These are recognised as key areas to be addressed for the safety and security of our planet
Implementation teams are formed by:
– Providing support for transitioning staff
– Establishing a “skunkworks” or stealth mode development team
– Seeking new products or services
– Providing practical support for staff well-being and advancement
– Contributing to the well-being of society through social impact
– On behalf of clients providing a unique new career option for transitioning staff
Startup groups (VC’s, investors, and founders)
– Who want to ensure their teams have the best available support to maximise their chances of success
– Have completed traditional accelerator programs and respect the value, and trusted independent advice and support they’ve been receiving
– Qualified support for the InfinityLab program has been received from the Australian Federal government
– Private applications made directly to InfinityLab
Locations & Availability
InfinityLab is currently in Sydney, Australia and will be offered in major centers across Australia in mid 2019.
For a different future contact Infinitylab.