InfinityLab brings experienced people together to form teams to build new companies.
Participants apply their experience and skills from successful careers to commercialise proven innovation.
How is InfinityLab different
- InfinityLab supports people with considerable experience
- Teams are formed by bringing individuals together
- InfinityLab is a social impact accelerator – Both in the teams being developed, and the innovation being brought to market
- Ventures established are based on proven innovation
- The program runs for 12 months maximising the prospects for success of ventures initiated
- Participants receive a salary and equity in the ventures they build.
Who is InfinityLab looking for ?
InfinityLab supports people who are transitioning into a new career, and who have the experience, confidence and, most importantly, resilience to succeed.
Research is finding that experience plays a plays a key role in the success of new ventures. (Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation) , that successful entrepreneurs have a mean age of 45, and that prior experience in a specific industry predicts much greater rates of entrepreneurial success (US National Bureau of Economic Research).Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience.
Establishing a new venture is challenging. InfinityLab provides a robust program and an environment that aligns the experience of highly capable with the wisdom of teamwork.
InfinityLab ventures are based on proven innovation and commence by testing the innovations relevance and viability for local markets.
InfinityLab recognises experience and aligns this with knowledge and creativity
Participants on the InfinityLab program need to be willing to put in hard work and contribute as a member of a team.
The InfinityLab program
The InfinityLab program runs for 12 months. Teams comprise 4-5 individuals with up to 5 teams in each cohort.
New cohorts commence every 4 months meaning there may be up to 3 cohorts, or 75 people working on new ventures at any time.
Supporting these ventures is done by leveraging government support with funding from corporate partners
The InfinityLab program is rigorous, with regular reviews of each new ventures viability.
Ventures that complete the InfinityLab program are robust, proven, generating revenue and well on their way to becoming successful companies.
Confronting the future is challenging, especially as one gets older and options appear fewer.
While tackling a new venture by oneself is daunting and can lead to mistakes. Engaging in new ventures can be life changing
Working as a member of a team in a supportive environment helps maintain perspective and see alternatives.
Stakeholders in the InfinityLab program
- Members of the founding teams, who receive an income, and equity in the ventures they establish
- Funds and companies who contribute funding to support commercialisation in return for equity in the ventures they fund
- Companies who offer InfinityLab as an option for transitioning staff, and as a volunteering experience for existing staff
- Owners of the innovation IP who receive equity for the use of their IP
Innovation is fundamental to Australia’s future but the benefits are only realised if this is effectively delivered to end users.
There is a constant stream of extraordinary ideas.
From ink derived from car fumes to self propelling elevators, to see some of the innovation that may be introduced visit InfinityLab on Facebook
InfinityLab for your Organisation
Change is inevitable as organisations realign skill sets to compete in a global market.
Change is confronting for transitioning staff and for those remaining.
Staff leaving impacts on morale and performance.
InfinityLab enables offering transitioning staff an alternative future and offers employers the ability to support transitioning staff
Çompanies increasingly are recognising the importance of their social responsibility for long term sustainability, and offering staff more elegant transition plans
InfinityLab provides inclusive entrepreneurship, creates positive social change and helps people develop alternative futures.
Your organisation and InfinityLab
Internal innovation, and “hackathons”, are often disruptive to ongoing operations and can be less than effective
Supporting transitioning staff with a position on the InfinityLab program helps your organisation discover and implement new products without disrupting ongoing business
Engaging with InfinityLab benefits your organisation by utilising the knowledge of departing staff
Retained staff benefit as they:
- See your company supporting transition planning
- Can provide social impact and meaningful volunteering
- Gain exposure to innovation and the startup process without leaving your organisation
- See high performance teams being developed (with opportunities to provide feedback on innovation and the teams)
- Develop experience and skills for “the future of work”.
A lot of people, are doing extraordinary work to make our world a better place.
Change impacts on all of us.
It is incumbent on those with the ability to support society to do so !!.
Traditional forms, and forums, of social interaction are changing. The need to support staff has never been more important.
Progressive organisations are embracing new models for doing business and ensuring the welfare of staff.
Building our future. Today