InfinityLab curates a portfolio of extraordinary, proven innovation to be brought to Australian markets.
InfinityLab brings together individuals with considerable skill and experience to commercialise this innovation.
Participants on InfinityLab teams apply their skills and experience, from successful careers, to develop new companies..
How is InfinityLab different
- Ventures established are based on proven innovation
- Teams are formed by bringing individuals together
- InfinityLab supports people with considerable experience
- InfinityLab is a social impact accelerator – both in the teams, and the innovation, being developed
- The InfinityLab program runs for 12 months maximising the prospects for success of ventures initiated
- Participants receive a salary and equity in the ventures they build.
Who is InfinityLab looking for ?
InfinityLab supports people who have the experience, confidence and, most importantly, resilience to succeed.
Successful entrepreneurs have a mean age of 45. Research finds that experience plays a key role in the success of new ventures. (Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation)
Prior experience in a specific industry predicts much greater rates of entrepreneurial success (US National Bureau of Economic Research).
Information is not knowledge.
The only source of knowledge is experience. (Albert Einstein)
Establishing a new venture is challenging.
InfinityLab provides a robust program, and an environment, that aligns motivated individuals with the insight of teams.
Working as a member of a team in a supportive environment, helps maintain perspective and see alternatives.
Participants on the InfinityLab program need to be willing to contribute as a member of a team.
InfinityLab ventures are based on proven innovation and commence by testing the innovations relevance and viability for local markets.
InfinityLab recognises experience and aligns this with knowledge and creativity
The InfinityLab program
The InfinityLab program is achieved with government seed funding and support from corporate partners
InfinityLab supports 4-5 startup teams of 4-5 individuals for 12 months. New cohorts commence every 4 months. Up 75 people may be developing new ventures at any time.
The InfinityLab program is rigorous, with regular reviews of each new ventures viability.
Ventures that do complete the InfinityLab program are robust, proven, generating revenue and well on their way to becoming successful companies.
Stakeholders in the InfinityLab program:
- Members of the founding teams, who receive an income, and equity in the ventures they establish
- Funds and companies who contribute funding to support commercialisation in return for equity in the ventures they fund
- Companies who offer InfinityLab as an option for transitioning staff, and as a volunteering experience for existing staff
- Owners of the innovation IP who receive equity for the use of their IP
Confronting the future can be challenging, especially as one gets older and options appear fewer.
Tackling a new venture by oneself is daunting and can lead to mistakes.
Engaging in new ventures however, can be life changing.
To join an InfinityLab team please see the “Join” page under “About”.
Tell us a bit about your ambitions on the Join InfinityLab application form and we will be in touch.
Innovation is fundamental to Australia’s future. The benefits will however only be realised if this is effectively communicated and delivered to end users.
From ink derived from car fumes to self-propelling elevators, InfinityLab has found an amazing stream of innovation that benefits society and our environment.
InfinityLab for your Organisation
InfinityLab provides a number of benefits for your organisation.
Change is inevitable as organisations realign skill sets to compete in a global market.
Change is confronting for transitioning staff and for those remaining.
Staff leaving impacts on morale and performance.
InfinityLab enables offering transitioning staff an alternative future and offers employers the ability to support transitioning staff
Companies are increasingly recognising the importance for long-term sustainability of both offering staff more elegant transition plans and their social responsibility:
InfinityLab provides inclusive entrepreneurship, creates positive social change and helps people develop alternative futures.
Your organisation and InfinityLab
Internal innovation, and “hackathons”, are often disruptive to ongoing operations and can be less than effective
Supporting transitioning staff with a position on the InfinityLab program helps your organisation discover and implement new products without disrupting ongoing business
Engaging with InfinityLab benefits your organisation by utilising the knowledge of departing staff
Retained staff benefit as they:
- See your company supporting transition planning
- Can provide social impact and meaningful volunteering
- Gain exposure to innovation and the startup process without leaving your organisation
- See high performance teams being developed (with opportunities to provide feedback on innovation and the teams)
- Develop experience and skills for “the future of work”.
A lot of people, are doing extraordinary work to make our world a better place.
Change impacts on all of us.
It is incumbent on those with the ability to support society to do so !!.
Traditional forms, and forums, of social interaction are changing. The need to support staff has never been more important.
Progressive organisations are embracing new models for doing business and ensuring the welfare of staff.
Building our future. Today